Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First Week Doing the Egoscue Exercises

My dysfunctional hips and shoulders

9.17.09 - Today makes three days in a row that I've done my hour long Egoscue program. I really like it. As I go through the ecises I find that air enters my belly more easily. This morming when I stood up out of bed my heel pain was diminished. The ecises I find the hardest are the ankle rotation one - my ankles get so tired I can barely complete the forty circles and then point/flexes - and the inner and outer thigh one. My outer thigh is burning by halfway through the second set! And also the airbench, where you sit against a wall for 2 minutes.

9.18.09 - Did Egoscue today again, my fourth time. Airbench is lasting longer now - a minute I can hold it. Outer thighs still burn during thigh thing but getting better. All day long I catch myself curling my shoulders back over so I correct it, throw my shoulders back even though it feels weird, and try to take a deep breath into my belly, remembering what Paul said about how if your breathing from your chest, your diaphragm is shut down.

My knees still creak a lot.

9.20.09 - 6th Egoscue session this am. I am going through the exercises faster now that I know them better. Still unsure about the arms over the head one - do I do it with a cushion or without? Again this am when I stepped out of bed my heel pain was minimal. Overall I don't feel as stiff. I do like what they're doing for me so far, the exercises. It will be interesting to see if my pictures that I will take next week look different from the ones from last week.

9.21.09
woke up with the heel pain for a minute. but today as i was walking i could have sworn that my left foot is not as turned out as usual.

9.22.09 - A woman named Nicole called me today. She's from the Santa Monica Egoscue clinic. She was so nice. She asked me how my exercises were going. I had some questions for her about a few of them. Turns out I am not using a thick enough pillow (can use an empty gallon water jug instead) and I'm supposed to use the pillow/cushion/jug for the arms over the head exercise.

9.23.09 - Doing the Egoscue exercises with the empty water bottle made me feel it in my inner thighs. In a few days it will be time to take my new picts - the second batch that Paul will see. I hope my body looks different.

Have you seen my knee cracking video yet? If not, it's below!

No comments:

Post a Comment