Thursday, October 1, 2009

Paul's feedback on my first batch of Egoscue pictures

I sent my first batch of pictures to Paul Schell at Egoscue Santa Monica. I would show you them but I was in a bikini and they're not too flattering.

He said: my right shoulder and right hip are elevated. My right shoulder is rotated forward. My oblique abdominals are working hard to lift hip on the right. My left foot and knee turn out more than the right, which is also turned out. My left shoulder and trunk are pulled down.

Re the side view: my ear is supposed to be directly over my ankle but everything's in front. My upper back curves forward. I'm really strong in abs and legs but glutes aren't doing a lot. My knees face outwards so the door is off its hinge. I need exercises to control hips so that my hips can control my knees.

The back photo: left hip is up. Upper body leans to left. Shoulder blades are winging off from spine when they're supposed to lay flat. My abs have done the stabilizing thus far.

Other side: Can see how hard abs are working on left. Abs on left are higher than abs on right. They're pulling left hip up to the ribcage.

Paul said that besides the exercises I should be conscious of two things: Hydrate and Breathing. He said it looks like I do the hydration part (I was flattered). I told him how I've been meaning to do 20 minutes of breathing meditation every day. He said if you're breathing from your chest, then your diaphragm is shut down.

He will send an hour long set of e-cises. I'm to do these for two weeks then upload new photos. Five assessments for $200, this being my first. When I sit I can correct my torso by using my shoulders to not round over.

No comments:

Post a Comment