Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Egoscue Book I Own



This is the book that I follow. A new copy is under ten dollars at Barnes & Noble. I highly recommend it if you want your body to feel better.

When you read it you'll understand how we've gotten into the mess that is our bodily alignment. One of the illustrations depicts figures sitting side by side. One is sitting upright, posturally aligned, and therefore 'functionally', while the other is slumped forward in her chair, a sad and dispirited lady (p. 177).

The book will make it clear, for example, how we could very easily be causing wrist pain if we sit all day with a head that's forward from the shoulders, which are forward from the hips. The tricky part  is actually doing the ecises that make your body feel much better. Here I am touting a book that has helped me so much and I still don't consistently do my half hour menu. Although I will happily say that I do manage about 4 ecises in a row right out of bed each day. It makes leaning over the sink to wash my face in the morning a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment