Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Egoscue and Scoliosis

This is what my spine looked like pre-surgery

Here is an Egoscue Portland's blog post about scoliosis and Egoscue that is pretty amazing because it shows  the before and after pictures of a woman who did an Egoscue menu of ecises for an hour and a half. If I had known about this Method 20 years ago I might not have the steel rod that is fused to my spine right now!

The picture above is similar to the xrays that were taken of my spine before I had my spinal fusion in 1984. I had an 'S' curve of 51 degrees. The surgeon was able to straighten out the larger curve to about 12 degrees. Is my stiffness now due to the rod? I don't know. But I do know that Egoscue helps my body feel right again. Not stiff. Free. But only if I do the ecises.

This morning I did Static Back for five minutes, Airbench for two minutes, and the foot and heel circles for 40 reps. Bending over the sink afterwards to wash my face - again, a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment