Monday, June 27, 2011

Egoscue and Walking

Doesn't this invite you to a walk on the beach?

My Egsocue therapist advised me to do my ecises first, and then go out for a walk. Or play soccer. Or jump on the trampoline...with my body better aligned. I've been mixing and matching my menus along with the ones in Pain Free and whichever ones I do, the better my body feels. I don't have the patience to do all 10 of them in a row, so I do four here and three there and two over there most days.

This a.m. I did Wall Clock (yes my hips can still move forward in this one - a novel idea) for 1 minute in each of the three positions, Arm Circles (quick and easy), and the Tower for 20 minutes total, which I guess used to be called Supine Groin Stretch. But now look at me: bum near edge of chair, back of shoulders leaning on the back of the chair, hips woefully tipped backwards. If only I didn't have a day job and I could do Egoscue and movement all day long...I bet I would be feeling pretty good! Thankfully I have these ecises to do, every day, for my body to feel right again. The Tower occupies a very prominent position in my living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment