Thursday, November 5, 2009

Our Bodies Need to Move!!!


10.22.09

I did the Third Menu for the last two days, like it just fine. Then this morning I did the First Menu. I think I stand straighter now. I've graduated to 25 times per ankle move (aka Supine Foot Circles & Point Flexes). I am so grateful to Paul for his help so far.

When I started doing the Egoscue ecises last month I paid for five virtual meetings with Paul, each spaced out every couple of weeks. I've done 3 out of 5 so far. My heel pain is much improved, I can move my hips more, and my body feels good after each morning's ecises. I just need to keep on keeping on. And start going for walks every day. I've been sitting in front of a computer for 22 years and I know that my body is starving for movement. I sometimes wish I could be totally self-sufficient and grow all my own food (read: move my body all day and sleep really well at night because of it).

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda, I am the clinic director of the Egoscue clinic in Portland, OR. I have been following your blog and Egoscue experiment and love it! You are brave to post your story online and commend you for doing it. Keep up the great work and I look forward to NOT hearing your knees in the next video!
    Matt Whitehead

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Matt,

    Thank you so much! I am glad you're enjoying it. You must love your job, helping people feel better every day. Maybe sometime in the future I can interview you for the blog? I"m sure readers would love to learn from your experience!

    Talk with you soon,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete