Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Do I do ecises for neck or feet?

Spoke with Caroline today. She said she used to have severe sciatica, couldn't sleep because of the pain. After she went to the Egoscue clinic for the first time her pain decreased by 50%. After that it took a year of doing the 'menus' for all the pain to go away. Now she feels great and does the ecises almost every day.

Caroline referred me to Paul, also in Santa Monica, her teacher whom she loves. Hopefully he will have experience working with spinal fusion people like myself.

Started Egoscue last night. Since my stiff neck and knees are creaky I think I should do e-cises for those parts, but on the phone Caroline recommended the Supine Groin Stretch, which she also called the Tower. So I did Static Back, which felt so good and relaxing, and then 10 minutes of Supine Groin Stretch on each side. My neck felt weird doing it. I wonder how much of that is because I have a rod in my back. This morning my neck was stiffer than normal. But no heel pain. Then this morning I started what will be my daily Egoscue session on my living room floor. I chose to do the e-cises for a painful neck. These include Static Back for five minutes, Gravity dump or whatever it's called, which I did on the step outside for three mintes, Static Wall for four minutes, (which I couldn't hold b/c my ankles tired out, so I would rest the hold and then hold again), Sitting Floor for three minutes, aand Frog for one minute. I like how it all felt and look forward to doing it tomorrow morning as well. I might call the Egoscue teacher in Santa Monica today too to make sure I'm choosing the right e-cises.

No comments:

Post a Comment