Friday, January 15, 2010

Awareness Brings its Own Action: Moving the Body

So basically for the last month I've not been moving my body. I sit at my computer and work, I go to the bathroom, I go back to the computer, I make a meal, I go back to the computer, I go to bed. Where is the walking outside, the Egoscue exercises, the jumping on the trampoline...? They've not been happening. But today I realize something, yet again, that I already knew quite well: I have to move. Especially if I want my creakiness to go away!!

So today I did five push-ups. And I jumped on the mini-trampoline. And I'm going to set my computer clock to ring every few hours and say: "okay time to move!" And I'm going to take my printer in to get fixed so that I can print out Paul's Fifth Menu. And work up the courage to start back on the routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment