Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ankle Cracks and More

Today made three days of Egoscue in a row after taking a month's vacation from it. The first two days I did Menu 5, and today I did Menu 4. I think they both take me about 35 minutes, which is a good length for me. I also jumped on the tramp and of course did my five shoulder-cracking pushups a few times today. You'll be happy to learn that I can do these five pushups a bit faster now than I could four days ago. I only go down halfway (if I touched my nose to the ground I would not be able to pull myself up) but hey it's better than not doing five halfway pushups at all. No motion every day = dysfunction and death.

Another goal I have is to get up off the floor from a cross-legged position with flair and abandon, unlike I do now (I look like a sedentary old person using her hands and elbows and all her might to push herself on her legs to stand up. Okay not that bad but close.)

The video below is my left ankle. It only cracks a little here but I took what I could get for this video. Do you like how I cut off the top of my foot? I hope in a few months from now I can show you a quiet Supine Foot Circle and Point/Flex. I bet I can.

My body feels good after doing my ecises and I am glad to be back on them. I know they are helping me.

No comments:

Post a Comment