Friday, January 6, 2012

My New Health Website...

Please visit me at AmandasHealthJournal.com

...is now up and going strong. I mention Egoscue on it but plan to write more about my experience in the next few weeks.  Amanda's Health Journal focuses on the things that will improve anybody's health if they do some of these things consistently.

I talk about the need to breathe calmly and deeply every day, qigong, Earthing, spending attentive time in Nature. Funnily enough, all my time doing Egoscue I wasn't doing any other exercise. For the last 12 years I didn't run or go to the gym or do squat thrusts in the comfort of my own home. Now that I'm back into strengthening and cardio (I run barefoot on the beach - not too far yet, but working on it!), my body is feeling stronger and better. But still stiff, as I work muscles that have been on vacation for years.

2 comments:

  1. I am curious to know how things turned out for you. I am a chiropractor in St George Utah and we have a variety of patients out here. Most are pretty healthy, but with a large retirement population, we sure see our share of degenerative joint diseases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I think that Egoscue is fantastic. My therapist, Paul, who is in Los Angeles, really knows his stuff. I Skype with him every few months to get an updated menu.

    Unfortunately, and I know I'm not the only one, I sometimes fall off the Egoscue wagon. For example, I've not done a menu in two or so weeks. But I always feel better after I do a menu. Right now I'm using the time to go to the gym instead. Best scenario would be - do the Egoscue exercises, then go to the gym in a more aligned body. Working toward it. Do you offer Egoscue at your office?

    RE: how I"m doing - I think my stiffness is also due to infection, and this is what I'm working on now.

    Let us know if you offer Egoscue therapy as part of your practice!

    ReplyDelete