Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Heel Pain Has Subsided Again!

For the last three days I've been doing those four ecises for foot pain AND my heel pain is definitely much better. Egoscue does work. Doing only four ecises feels much more manageable to me. There's just something about a 40 minute routine (needing to be done every day) that is just so off-putting! Even if it does make you feel so much better afterwards! Isn't it crazy? Anyway I will continue these four Foot ecises til, just like he says in the book, the heel pain goes away for 24 hours. Then will do them for a week longer. Then switch to the body routine. Does anyone think that's a good idea? Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. great idea...even though the amount of exercises seems off putting, it is more important to have somewhere to go when pain hits. If we are able to do the exercises as intended (every day), then that is the cherry on top needed to keep the pain from coming back. However, it may be unrealistic in most of our lives to commit that much time right out of the gate. We find that little incremental changes are often the easiest way to build up both your tolerance for the time commitment, and the pain. Great job from your friends at Egoscue...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughts! I think that is right on. In fact, now that I'm only spending about 10-12 minutes doing the foot ecises in the morning, I don't dread doing them. And as an added bonus I do them before getting into bed, too, because a. they're working and my heel pain is gone, and b. it's only 10 minutes!

    ReplyDelete