Tuesday, April 27, 2010

On to "The Tower"!

I had stopped doing my egoscue exercises for weeks. Then started again with the Pain Free book ecises for foot pain. Which was great because it only took 12 or so minutes. Then when my heel pain lessened I started doing the ecises for the allover body conditioning. Which was also great because it too only took me 12 minutes. I have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the egsocue ecises make my body feel significantly better.

Then why oh why do I not stick with the program?? We all lead busy lives and so many of the things to do each day are priorities - I guess my pain/discomfort is not now great enough to make me do the exercises. But I do fully intend to start them up again. Actually I still do two ecises a night - the static back, which I love, and the heel/toe flexes. I do those every night before I get into bed. Two I can handle.

Nicole from Egoscue Santa Monica called today to ask how it was going. I told her the above. She said do what you can, two ecises are better than none, and if I'd like them to shorten a menu somehow I should call. I do plan to do this at some point. She also told me about "The Tower" and how fantastic an ecise it is. If she doesn't do it regularly she will feel it. I googled it and see that it is an improvement upon the older ecise, called Supine Groin something I think, in Pain Free. I also see that you can buy the Tower for $130.

So I just now called Nicole, to ask if she thought I should buy this thing. She said absolutely. It's very recommended in fact for people with scoliosis. She said try to do it for an hour (!!! I guess I will use the time for meditating! or hgtv) 3-4 times a week. Do static back first, then the Tower, then the Wall ecise (I forget the name!).

Jeez, an hour. I'm sure it will be worth it though. Nicole said to be prepared for possible burning and discomfort etc as the back learns to let go and flatten. Oh and even more exciting, I can buy a timer to count down my ecise moments. Which is something that will be quite handy and helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment